If you are a French-speaking skilled worker with strong English language abilities, you can apply for a nomination for permanent residence in Ontario with its very own Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
A particular advantage of this stream under Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is that a job offer is not required. Ontario is the one assessing potential applicants based on their human capital credentials, with emphasis on language ability.
To apply for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program – French Speaking Skilled Stream:
- You do not need a job offer to apply. Please refer to section 11 of Ontario regulation 422/17 and the application guide.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for one of the programs under Express Entry and have Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- A score of 67 points or more in the six selection factors on the FSWP stream.
- Work experience as required by the stream.
- Ontario express entry cut off for French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) AND an English-language level of CLB 6 in all competencies.
- Must have minimum education of a diploma, certificate or degree that is comparable to the Canadian education system.
- Must have proof of settlement funds.
- Must have legal status to live and travel in Canada.
- Must show intent to reside in demonstrated by a statement of intent and indication of ties to Ontario.
Please see the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream Application Guide for more details.
For queries on Provincial Nominee Program Ontario contact them through:
Email – [email protected]
Or by Phone from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
- Toll-free: 1-866-214-6820 (toll-free within North America only)
- TTY: 416-325-0866
- Toll-free TTY: 1-866-853-2137
Experiencing Technical Problems?
Send them an email at [email protected] and include the following details:
- Your file number
- Description of the problem
- Screenshot (if applicable)
- Your full name and contact information
They will review your email shortly then respond to you as soon as possible.
For full information regarding Ontario’s Express Entry French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: