Express Entry dedicated stream: Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
Express Entry Skilled Worker category is a key component of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) for permanent residence attracting those intending to reside permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has committed to processing 80 per cent of all Express Entry candidates within six months of receiving the nominated application.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for one of the programs under Express Entry and have Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code (active EE profile)
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the NLPNP point assessment grid (*This scoring system is similar to FSW 100 points scoring system. You can find the scoring table in the application guide below)
- Must provide Language Test results that match Language Test entries in the EE profile
- Must have minimum education of a diploma, certificate or degree that is comparable to the Canadian education system (ECA required for non-Canadian education).
- Have a full-time job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer that has compensation at par with provincial standards. The job/job offer should be for at least two years with the possibility of extension, from an eligible Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
- Applicant must also have a valid work permit or they need to be entitled to apply for the same.
- UPDATE: Effective July 20, 2017 candidates don’t need to show proof of settlement funds for Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program. Candidates will still need to show PoF if required for their core Express Entry program.
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
For in-depth program requirements, please refer to the links below: