• You need to extend your study permit if you wish to study in Canada longer.
  • You need to apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before the expiration of your current permit. However, it’s recommended that you apply more than 30 days before it reaches its expiry date.
  • If you need to renew your health insurance or SIN (or social security number), you’ll need a valid study permit.
  • If you wait until there are 30 days left, you’ll possibly struggle to renew these because your study permit will soon be expiring.

Can I Study as a minor child in Canada?

  • Minor children applying from outside Canada to study in Canada for six or more months must apply for a study permit. Generally, having a study permit (as opposed to a visitor record) can make the process of immigration run more smoothly for accompanying minor children.
  • Remember that minor children accompanying a family member who has been approved for a study or work permit before entering Canada don’t need to attach an acceptance letter from an educational institution.

Sign In


Reset Password

Please enter your username or email address, you will receive a link to create a new password via email.


An active membership is required for this action, please click on the button below to view the available plans.