BC PNP International Post-Graduate category under British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) allows candidates with a Master’s or Doctorate (PhD) degree in the natural, applied or health sciences who have completed a valid graduate program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution in B.C. in the last three years to permanently settle in BC.
As of Dec 01st 2019, Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) – International Post-Graduate is the ONLY Express Entry-aligned BC PNP category that does not require applicants to have a job offer from an employer in BC to be eligible.
Express Entry BC PNP International Post-Graduate – Eligibility Requirements
You can immigrate to Canada with the Express Entry BC PNP International Post Graduate stream. Here are some
- No job offer is needed for this stream
- Must have graduated from an eligible B.C. post-secondary institution with an eligible master’s or doctorate (PhD) degree in the last three years. Distance education is not eligible.
- Program of study must be in the natural, applied, or health sciences (Agriculture, biological and biomedical sciences, computer and information sciences and support services, engineering, engineering technology, health professions and related clinical sciences, mathematics and statistics, natural resources conservation and research, and physical sciences)
For a complete listing of eligible programs of study, please see the BC PNP IPG & EEBC IPG Eligible Programs of Study Document (PDF, 1MB).
- Must demonstrate your intent to reside and economically establish yourself in B.C.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- Must have Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code
- Must have settlement funds ready as required by IRCC
How to Apply BC PNP International Post-Graduate Stream?
To get started, candidates must create a profile with BCPNP Online, an online application and registration system. As an International Post-Graduate applicant, you can submit an Express Entry BC application directly via BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
Read full information about EEBC – International Post-Graduate:
Situations when you should contact BC prior to applying.
- If you are prohibited from entering Canada
- If you are currently employed in Canada illegally
- If you have been placed under removal order in or outside Canada
- If you have an unresolved refugee claim in Canada
- If you are out of status and still residing in Canada
Click here to learn more about Employer Eligibility Requirements for BC Express Entry Streams.
Applicant BC PNP Eligibility Common Checklist items
Except where otherwise noted, the following are requirements in all categories of Express Entry BC streams:
- Your employer has offered, and you have accepted, indeterminate, full-time employment in an eligible occupation (Exception: EEBC – International Post-Graduate).
- You must be qualified for the offered position. The BC PNP may refer to the National Occupational Classification (NOC), WorkBC or industry standards to determine the minimum qualifications for an occupation.
- The wage you have been offered must be competitive with B.C. wage rates for the occupation. For more information, please refer to individual category requirements.
- You must demonstrate that you meet minimum income requirements. For more information, please see the minimum income requirements section.
- You must not have an ownership/equity stake of more than 10 percent in the B.C. company that has offered you employment.
- Your employment must provide economic benefit to B.C. For example, your employment will contribute to: maintaining or creating jobs for Canadians, transferring knowledge and skills to Canadians, supporting the development of proprietary new products, building the workforce for a major project.
- Your employment must not adversely affect the settlement of a labour dispute, or the employment of anyone involved in any such dispute, or adversely impact training or employment opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- If invited to apply, you must submit the required application fee with your online application before your application will be processed. Incomplete applications will not be processed and fees may not be refunded.
- The BC PNP will not nominate you if you are:
- prohibited from entering Canada
- have not been lawfully admitted in the country of current residence
- in Canada and are out of status (if your status has expired, and you cannot demonstrate you have applied for restoration of status within the 90-day eligibility period, you will be considered out of status)
- if you are working in Canada without authorization
- have an unresolved refugee claim in Canada
- are under a removal order in or outside of Canada.
Full and updated details on BC PNP – EXPRESS ENTRY streams can be found here: BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide
If you have been nominated for BC PNP streams through Express Entry or Skills Immigration program then follow this link to understand the next steps: BC PNP Skills Immigration and EEBC Post-Nomination Guide