An Express Entry-aligned program for skilled workers with a permanent, full-time job offer in Yukon, Yukon Express Entry under the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) offers immigration to Canada.
Yukon Nominee Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Be eligible for one of the programs under EE: FSW, CEC or FSTP.
- Have an active EE profile number and Jobseeker validation code.
- Have a valid, permanent, full-time job offer from an employer in Yukon, and plan to live in Yukon
- If applicable, demonstrate settlement funds (not needed if applying under CEC)
How it works: A job offer from a Yukon employer is needed for YNP Express Entry Program (YEE). Applicant needs to work with the employer and jointly complete Yukon Nominee Program Application Form.
The steps involved in using Yukon’s PNP EE system are:
- The employer finds a suitable foreign national worker.
- The employer offers a job to the worker after demonstrating there is no Canadian or permanent resident for the position.
- The worker meets the requirements for one of the three economic immigration programs eligible for EE.
- The worker completes an online application in IRCC’s EE system and enters the EE candidate pool. The worker obtains an Express Entry Profile Number and, if applicable, a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- The worker proves that he or she has sufficient settlement funds. (The amount of money required is based on the size of the worker’s family as determined by IRCC.)
- The employer and worker jointly complete and submit the Yukon Express Entry application form.
- The worker receives an invitation to apply for permanent residence from IRCC.
- The worker provides all necessary documents to IRCC to complete the permanent residence application (e.g. criminal record check, medical report etc.).
- IRCC and Yukon’s Immigration Unit verify the worker’s documents.
- The worker receives permanent residence, usually within 6 months of receipt of complete and verified application.
For more information: https://yukon.ca/en/apply-express-entry-hire-foreign-worker
For queries in regards to applying for the Express Entry Stream you may contact them through:
Email: [email protected]
or toll free in Yukon : 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131