Ontario introduced Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream in 2015. The program aims to give eligible foreign workers the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Ontario.
Ontario Permanent Resident Rules
You must have an IRCC Express Entry profile to be qualified for Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream under Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This is where you will receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario before you can apply online. Once you receive a Notification of Interest, you may send your application to OINP e-filling portal within 45 days. If you get nominated by OINP you can proceed to apply for permanent residence through IRCC.
A job offer is not required to qualify under this stream. However, candidates with a job offer have been prioritized for invitation in the past.
To Qualify Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program – Human Capital Priorities Stream:
- You do not need a job offer to apply. Please refer to section 10 of Ontario regulation 422/17.
- Work experience as required by the stream.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for one of the programs under Express Entry. Must have an Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- Must provide Language Test results for either English or French. A minimum score of CLB7 or above in all language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) is required.
- Must have ECA aka minimum education of a diploma, certificate or degree that is comparable to the Canadian education system.
- Must have proof of settlement funds.
- Must show intent to reside in demonstrated by a statement of intent and indication of ties to Ontario.
- Must have a CRS score of over 400.
As of April 2021, OINP targeted candidates with CRS scores between 456 to 467, and under the following NOC codes:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
You will find detailed requirements and instructions in the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream Application Guide.
For queries about PNP Express Entry Ontario you can contact them through:
Email – [email protected]
Or by, Phone from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
- Toll-free: 1-866-214-6820 (toll-free within North America only)
- TTY: 416-325-0866
- Toll-free TTY: 1-866-853-2137
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Technical Problems?
Send them an email at [email protected] and include the following details:
- Your file number
- Description of the problem
- Screenshot (if applicable)
- Your full name and contact information
They will review your email shortly then respond to you as soon as possible.For full information visit Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.