In search of more healthcare professionals, British Columbia created British Columbia Express Entry – Healthcare Professional, a portion under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) designed to attract pharmacists, physicians, specialists, nurses and allied healthcare professionals having valuable expertise to work in the province and get permanent residency.
British Columbia Express Entry Successful Applicants
Successful applicants of the British Columbia Express Entry – Healthcare Professionals category will obtain a BC PNP provincial nomination certificate. Upon uploading to the EE profile, 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points will be awarded followed by an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
To qualify for BC PNP , you:
- Must meet minimum language requirements – for NOC skill level B occupations
- Should have or be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada
- Must have Express Entry profile number and a Job Seeker Validation Code
- Must have the support or an indeterminate, full-time BC healthcare job offer from a public health authority as a:
- Registered nurse
- Registered psychiatric nurse
- Nurse practitioner
- An allied health professional such as a: Diagnostic medical sonographer, Clinical pharmacist, Medical laboratory technologist, Medical radiation technologist, Occupational therapist, Physiotherapist
- For midwives only 1) have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in B.C. 2) must be registered, or eligible to be registered, with the College of Midwives of BC.
- You must meet all regulatory, registration, and licensing requirements to perform the duties of the occupation.
- The above job offer must have a wage that is comparable to B.C. wage rates for the occupation.
- You must have 2 years work experience directly related to the job that is offered.
- The employer must also meet eligibility criteria.
- Must have settlement funds ready as required by BC (details found here).
Your employer must be willing to support your British Columbia express entry healthcare professional immigration application through meeting the eligibility criteria and fulfilling certain responsibilities during the application process. See Employer Requirements
Your employer must:
- Be an established employer and in good standing in British Columbia
- Provide full-time, indeterminate (permanent or with no set end date) employment
- Have a history of good workplace and business practices
- Sign an employer declaration
- Meet domestic labor market recruitment requirements, where applicable; and
- Offer a wage in line with industry standards
How to apply?
To get started, the candidate must create a profile with BCPNP Online, an online application and registration system. For those applicants under British Columbia Express Entry Healthcare Professional category, you do not need to be invited to apply before submitting an application. Healthcare Professional applicants can submit an Express Entry BC application directly online.
See how to register and apply.Read full information about EEBC – Healthcare Professional