Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) for Skilled Workers
The NWT Express Entry Stream for Skilled Workers is dedicated to those applicants who have a profile in the federal Express Entry pool. The stream assists employers by helping them secure skilled employees by fast-tracking applications for permanent residency. It aims to help fill shortages when an employer cannot find a candidate locally or nationally for a position.
Northwest Territories PNP Eligibility
NWT Express Entry Stream for Skilled Workers is an “employer driven stream” i.e. the employer has to submit an application to the province so that a nomination can be issued. Therefore, both employer and applicant need to meet respective eligibility requirements.
In order for employers to participate with the nominee program to nominate a foreign national for permanent residency they should be:
- Registered and operational for at least one (1) year
- A registered business, industry association, or a local, municipal, First Nation or territorial government in the Northwest Territories
- Deemed in good standing with the Northwest Territories’ Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission and the Northwest Territories’ Employment Standards office.
Candidate Eligibility Requirements (Submitted by the Employer):
- Verification of acceptance into the IRCC’s Express Entry Pool by providing IRCC Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.
- Must meet the criteria of the Skilled Worker stream of the Nominee Program
- Must intend to reside in NWTs
Application forms for the Express Entry System for Skilled Workers:
- NTNP 01 Nominee Information Form
- NTNP 02 Employer Application Form
- NTNP 02b NWT Express Entry Checklist
- NTNP 05a Authorize or Cancel a Representative – Nominee (if applicable)
- NTNP 05b Authorize or Cancel a Representative – Employer (if applicable)
- NTNP 09 Employer Standards Verificant
- Skilled Worker / Express Entry Guidelines
- Sample Employment Contract: This sample employment contract will help define the terms and conditions for working in the Northwest Territories, offering protection for both the employer and the foreign nationals. The terms and conditions include job description, hours of work, pay rate, statutory holidays, and when overtime is paid.
Your employer must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an established employer and registered business in good standing in Northwest Territories.
- Be Operational for at least one year on a full-time basis prior to your application submission.
- Be in good standing with the Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission as well as the Employment Standards office of the Northwest Territories.
- Provide full-time, indeterminate (permanent or with no set end date) employment
- Have a history of good workplace and business practices
- Sign an employer declaration and submit a positive LMIA or proof of job advertisement for the position offered.
- Meet domestic labour market recruitment requirements, where applicable; and
- Offer a wage in line with industry standards