Have you ever tried looking for destinations worldwide and ask yourself where could be that perfect place? A place where you can continue your educational studies. A country with schools that are sure to give you top quality and internationally respected education to help you reach your dream career? You’re not alone. Every student wants the best education, but there are so many study destinations around the globe you can try, which means it can be challenging to choose. Could there be such a rightful place? From the fair share of many international students experiences, we can give you plenty of reasons why Canada is the place you should choose and why it’s the right decision to study in Canada.
Why study in Canada?
If your still trying to convince yourself whether Canada is the right choice, here are the best reasons why you should study in Canada:
Suppose you want to study in a place with excellent control and continues to have continuous advancement in teaching students. In that case, you can bet that Canada is the place because of its well-funded institutions that attract top-notch professors. It’s why it’s not surprising that an enormous number of Canadian colleges are included profoundly in worldwide rankings after a seemingly endless amount of time. Regardless of whether you’re looking for programs to improve your skills to get you ready for your career or research-based programs to deepen your knowledge, you will always find the right path when you study in Canada.
You can work and earn money while studying.
As you study in Canada and you feel the need to work, you can. International college students can work part-time (less than 20 hours a week) but with a work permit you can work up to 20 hours per week during semester and full time during school breaks. It is also possible to apply for post-graduation working permits that allow you to stay in the country and work while studying before you graduate. As you continue to gain training and work experience, it eventually qualifies you to have lasting residency in the country because Canada’s liberal citizenship naturalization process allows international students to count time spent on a study permit towards citizenship residency days requirements.
Various travel experience and encounters
Canada is such a wonderful country that has snow and miles of sandy beaches. With scenes vastly dominated by mountains, woods, and streams, it offers an abundance of travel experiences and wildlife encounters for anyone travelling.
Lower Tuition and living fees
While everyone says that overseas education is always expensive, it is not the case when you’re in Canada because of lower Tuition and living fees than Australia, the U.S., and the U.K. With many different scholarships offered across many universities, living is very affordable especially for those who study in Canada.
A vast community that helps and guide you
More than half a million people study in Canada, which means that they understand your questions and concerns because they have those same concerns as you do.
The best place to relax
If you’re a person with a laid-back attitude and likes to relax, you’re going to want to be this place because of the fresh mountain air. The people here also have that same attitude because having coffee and eating with friends after work or study is considered normal by everyone.
It has the best cities for international students
Canada has large cities ranked by the QS World University Rankings, with Montreal being the best student followed by Vancouver and Toronto.
And if all of that gets you excited and makes you want to study in Canada, this guide will show you everything you need to get started but before we show you every crucial step it is important to know the requirements and responsibilities of a Canadian student:
It’s possible to study in Canada but first you must be:
- Enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
- proven to have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- A law obedient citizen with a police certificate (if required) and have no criminal record
- In good health and have passed a medical exam (if needed)
- willing to leave Canada when your study permit expires
If you want to study in Canada, you must:
- Do everything to progress and complete your program
- respect conditions on your study permit
- Stop studying if you can’t meet any requirements anymore and
- leave Canada once your access expires
How to Succeed as you Study in Canada
Canadians value education. Like you, we consider it an approach to fabricate a vocation, prevail in the work environment, bring in cash and appreciate decent personal satisfaction. This part offers an outline of the things you should know to help you succeed as you study in Canada.
Improve your language capabilities
You must enhance your language abilities earlier than beginning university or college in Canada. As you study in Canada you need to English or French at some of their great language schools. they will help put you together for a more significant training ride in your life.
Work with Others in groups
Even in secondary school, Canadian instructors permit students to fill in as a gathering to finish an undertaking. It’s an excellent method to make companions and figure out how to function with others. At the post-auxiliary level, teachers will request you to be apart from a gathering and to work with that gathering to convey a quality item on the schedule. In a gathering setting, you get an opportunity to be a pioneer and an adherent. It’s significant that everybody has a voice and contributes similarly to the undertaking. If you haven’t dealt with a gathering scholastic undertaking previously, you might need to ask your educator, your school’s asset community or different understudies for counsel. How your group cooperates will decide the nature of the item you produce. This group approach merits learning at school or college since it’s the number of work environments work.
Get good at composing school paper work
Writing a paper implies you should explore, arrange your contentions or thoughts, and speak with an information and your viewpoint in a straightforward manner. As an international student, mainly if English or French isn’t your first language, As you study in Canada you will learn the ability to compose excellent articles. It will assist you with succeeding post-auxiliary training in Canada. You can succeed by following these tips:
- Ask your fellow colleague (the alumni student appointed to your course) for recommendations about setting up an article that will get good grades.
- Exploring online assets, including those given by your school or college, will help you lead through academic research and set up a decent paper.
- Ask the guides at your school’s composition or asset community for exhortation or backing.
- Meet with your educator during the available time to talk about the report. Make sure to show up with straightforward, brief inquiries, and you’ll find the solutions you need.
How can you Study in Canada?
If you are now convinced, and you want to know how you can study in Canada; It’s very simple; first, you need to find the right institutions that offer the high-quality education that you need.If you want to discover more information about various schools to find the right one for you check the links below.EduCanada.ca – facts and information for worldwide college students about schooling in Canada, learn about software search, costs, and moreMinistries and departments accountable for schooling – data about the training device in every province and territory and if you want information about colleges and universities, here are the websites where you can find them:Universities Canada – profiles of Canadian universities, an substantial find out about packages database and assist to format your college educationColleges and Institutes Canada – profiles of faculties and institutesCanadian Information Centre for International Credentials – records on getting your previous schooling assessed towards Canadian standardsAnd when you have found the right school here is what you need to do next.
Canada’s Education System
In Canada, the province and territory are accountable for their education system. Here is the structure of Canada’s Education System:
When you study in Canada as an international student, you are welcome to complete all parts of your education. Like other countries, the education system consists of both private and public universities. Your post-secondary choices in Canada include:
- Bachelor’s diploma (3 years) prerequisite: excessive college diploma
- Bachelor’s with Honours (4 years) prerequisite: excessive faculty diploma
- Master’s diploma (1 to two years) Prerequisite: Bachelor’s degree
- Doctoral research (3 to 5 years) prerequisite: Master’s degree
College or university
- Certificate (1 to two years) prerequisite: excessive faculty + different necessities relying on the program
- Professional Diploma (3 years) prerequisite: excessive faculty + different necessities relying on the program
- Diploma (2 to three years) prerequisite: excessive college diploma
Morals and Conduct at School
Every single Canadian school and college has a code of morals to manage educators, Staff and students. It’s fundamental to acclimate yourself with the arrangements that concern you. The code of morals (otherwise called implicit rules) covers your academic life, while different accounts cover non-scholastic issue like:
- Inappropriate behaviour
- Following or tormenting
- Troublesome or risky conduct
- Harm to library materials or college property
The objective of these codes and arrangements is to protect everybody. There are additionally good habits or behaviour that students can apply to their everyday life nearby. It incorporates showing up on the schedule for classes, submitting work on schedule, and cooperating consciously with educators and different understudies. In case you’re uncertain of anything identified with student life, contact different students or your school’s asset office with your inquiries. You’ll see that individuals are eager to assist.
Choosing a program and a school
When you’re choosing a school here are some important things to note: Schools instructing college students up to grade 12 are additionally acknowledged as essential and secondary schools. Primary typically potential grades 1-8, and secondary typical ability are grades 9-12. All fundamental and secondary colleges in Canada can enroll global students. There are different types of post-secondary schools and these are:
- private profession faculties
- vocational and technical schools.
Each post-secondary faculty has its very own set of guidelines on applying, including the English or French level you need to be accepted.University leads to educational excellence and a profitable career.Canadian universities provide packages at three levels: Bachelor’s, Master and doctoral studies. Some universities additionally provide brief packages that supply college students certificates, diplomas or expert degrees. These might also include enchantment to you if you’re a mature worldwide scholar who has been working and needs to accumulate new abilities to increase your career.College provides a straight course to jobs. If you’re searching for practical, hands-on professional training, Canadian university schooling will get you there. College pursuits to put you together for your chosen career, so you can get an excellent job in Canada or in your domestic states when you finish your studies.Colleges in Canada can also be recognized as:
- Colleges of utilized arts and technology
- Community colleges
- Institutes of technology
Top list of well known and recognized universities
Here are some of Canada’s well known and recognized universities to choose from and some description to help you get started:
- University of Toronto
Known for being chosen by international students because of its academic excellence and vibrant campus life, this university is in the world’s most diverse city’s downtown core.
- University of British Columbia
North America’s most international university because its student population consists of thirty percent international students. This university is an excellent choice for those who want to experience nature while living in a city because of its easy access to the beautiful outdoors, including forests, oceans and mountains.
- McGill University
A university that is also known for an international reputation for excellence. It consists of more than 12,000 international students. Although located in one of Quebec’s French-speaking provinces, Mcgill is still an English University.
- McMaster University
Among the world’s top 100 universities that are located in Hamilton, Ontario, which is only a one-hour drive from Toronto, this is an excellent school for students who want to study and work at the same time because Hamilton is experiencing a significant job boom.
- Universite de Montreal
One of Canada’s highest-ranking universities, this is an excellent option for those interested in studying French. Located in Montreal, it is also known for serving over 9,500 international students each year.
Types of schools in Canada
Ready to locate your ideal application and take the subsequent steps to a moneymaking career? Start your search for university and colleges by knowing the types of different schools:
Many colleges in Canada educate English or French as a 2nd language. For extra data about non-public language programs, contact Languages Canada.
Studying in French
There are many methods to learn about French throughout Canada. French-language training in Canada has records on faculties and establishments that provide publications in French. The Association des universités de la Francophonie Canadienne has facts on college packages in French, English, or both.
Designated Learning Institutions
Provinces and territories are approving (or “designate”) faculties that can enroll global students. These colleges are known as specific gaining knowledge of establishments (DLI).If you want to learn about a permit, your acceptance letter should be from a DLI. If it isn’t, they will refuse your application. All major and secondary faculties in Canada are DLIs. You can search a listing of post-secondary schools, such as schools and universities and detailed language schools.
How to apply for a school or university
Pick a school or university, and ought to practice going there. Every college has distinctive policies on enrolling.Make certain you follow at least:
- Six months in advance if you prefer to choose a certain secondary school,
- Twelve months in advance for a post-secondary application at a university.
Contact the college, the place you prefer to learn about, to analyze how to apply. They will provide you with the listing of all the documents you need to give them. Your faculty will be capable of informing you about:
- the price to apply
- tuition fees
- health insurance
- rent and fees to stay in Canada
- language tests.
Fill out the application for the college or colleges of your choice and follow all directions to finish them. Requirements and conditions vary between different institutions so you need to be prepared to do your research and visit the institutions website.Documents such as letter of recommendation, personal essays, and different portfolios may also be requested depending on the program or institution. This is why it is always the best idea to consult the institution directly for full requirements.If the faculty admits you as a student, they will ship you an acceptance letter. You may have to take this letter to find out about permits.Make sure that the post secondary college or university of your choice is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). These are schools approved by provincial or territorial government to host international students.If you want to know whether your school or university is a designated learning institution just follow these steps:
- Find out what province or territory your school is in
- Type keywords that include the name of school, city, etc.
- Find the Designated Learning Institution number
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic only some selected DLI’s were able to reopen and accept international students. Make sure that your chosen Designated Learning Institution is included on the list so you can travel and study in Canada.You can find the list of DLI’s with approved COVID-19 readiness plans here .Health insuranceThe Government of Canada does not pay for the scientific prices of worldwide students.
Health insurance for global college students is exceptionally relying on the place you live. Contact the faculty you are making use of to for extra facts about health insurance.
How to find the right study program
Whether you’re interested in accounting or zoology there is always something for everyone who wants to when your study in Canada. In fact there so much to choose from that you may not know where to start. But you don’t need to worry because it’s very easy to answer the simple question of finding the right study program by asking yourself these questions:
- Whats your dream career when you grow up?
- Is there any scholarship options?
- Can this study program help my career goals?
- Is this program the one that fits your life right now?
- Where is the place you want to study in Canada?
Despite the fact that there are many establishments to look over for worldwide students who want to study in Canada, you may as of now have some thought concerning which territories of study are important to you, or an inclination with respect to the sort of organization and area. Universities Canada offers a solid database for starting your pursuit. Schools and Institutes Canada likewise has a device intended for discovering study programs. Maclean’s magazine offers some extra ordinary guidance on picking the right school or college for you. And here is a helpful article on finding the correct examination program in Canada for you.
What is a Canadian Study Permit
The Canadian Study permit is an important document that you need to study in Canada, because it allows you to apply to any school of your choice. Some people don’t need a permit to study in Canada, and these cases below are exempted from getting a study permit:
Family or Staff of Foreign Representatives
If your a family or staff member of a foreign representative accredited by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), you can study without a permit. The embassy of your country can contact GAC to find out if you need one.
Foreign Armed Forces
Members of a foreign armed force on official duties in Canada can study without a study permit. But if they are taking family members who want to learn in Canada, they need s permits.
In Canada If you have a registered Indian status in Canada, you don’t need a study permit, even if you are a citizen of another country.
Children don’t need a study permit if they are:
- Still in Kindergarten
- Refugees or refugee claimants
- born to parents who are a refugee or refugee claimants
- living with a parent who has a work or study permit
When minors reach 18 or 19 (depending on the province or territory), they must apply for a study permit to keep studying. Learn more about children who want to study in Canada. But still, there are two reasons why you should always get a study permit even if you don’t need one:
- To be able to continue studying
- To be able to work on or off-campus
And these are the examples where these reasons apply to:
- Someone who is studying less than six months but still wants to check in to a more extended program
- Someone who is the child of a parent who’s authorized to work or study in Canada will soon turn 18 and no longer be a minor.
If you’re going to apply for a study permit, you should write a letter explaining why you want one even if you don’t need one.
How to get a Canadian Study Permit
Before getting permitted, you’re going to need three essential documents to obtain a Canadian Study Permit, and these are:Acceptance letterFor any foreign national to get admitted to any specific program, they need an acceptance letter from a precise mastering institution. A specific and known organization is a college permitted by way of a provincial or territorial authority to host global students. All principal and secondary faculties in Canada are particular mastering institutions.
Proof of Financial Support
If you’re going to study in Canada, you must provide proof that you can support yourself. You can prove this in many ways, whether it’s a Canadian bank account under your name, a guaranteed investment certificate from any participating Canadian financial institution, a bank draft that you can convert into Canadian dollars or just any proof that you paid your own Tuition and housing fees.
This requirement varies depending on your citizenship and country of residence. You can check the visa office instructions for your country or region for local conditions. If you have all the requirements, then you can start preparing your study permit application. You have to make sure that you have all documents required by your country. If you don’t meet any of the requirements by any chance, an immigration officer can choose to reject your application before you submit it. You can submit your study permit application through any of these two options:
Electronic Application: Scanned or any electronic copies of documents.
Paper-based application: Gathered hard copies of your documents mailed through visa application centers in your country.
When your study permit is approved, you can now travel to Canada, but you will not receive your Canadian study permit until you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry. If you are approved, you will be issued a port of entry introduction letter, which you will then show to the immigration officials when you arrive in Canada to get your study permit. Make sure to still get a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorization because sometimes a study permit is not enough to allow you to enter Canada. Find out if you need a travel visa here. As of February 15, 2021, travelers entering Canada by land must have a valid COVID-19 molecular test result taken in the U.S. upon arrival at the border. Some travelers, like commercial truckers, are exempted from these measures. Learn more about these requirements.
You may also want to supply your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when making use of a travel visa. If you want to provide your biometrics with your application, you will have to go to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) closest to you. If you are required to supply your biometrics, do not post it by mail. Instead, please publish it at the VAC when they acquire your biometrics.
How to bring family and children to Canada
Bring your spouse or family and children with you to Canada is very simple. Just make sure you have the following:
- guest visa
- work permit
- study permit
Your spouse or family and kids may likewise have the option to get quicker handling on these documents. As long as you have a work or study permit the children you bring along with you is exempted from getting any of these two permits. Bringing your family and children with you also comes with these benefits:
- The spouse or family member of an international student that accompany the student in Canada may obtain an open work permit, allowing them to work any hours they wish and for any employer.
- International students who bring their children to Canada, can attend one of Canada’s public elementary or secondary schools without needing their own study permit.
You should finish and present their applications simultaneously as your own. On the off chance that you don’t, the office won’t handle the applications faster.Applying for a journey or work visaNot anyone desires a journey or work visa; however, you need to decide whether your plans require you to get a trip or work visa earlier than you arrive in Canada.
Processing Time for Study Permits
If you’re wondering how long does it take to apply for study permits, the answer depends on the country of your residence and the volume of applications received. If you enroll close to the beginning of Canada’s academic year, you can expect to have delays in your application.The shortest time they can process your application is 1 to 2 weeks, but sometimes you can expect to wait for as long as 16 weeks.
Conditions of a Canadian Study Permit
A Canadian study permit contains specific terms and conditions that you must respect and follow to continue having the benefits as you study in Canada, and these are:- Enrollment at a designated learning institution- Enrollment as a part-time or a full-time student if studying in Quebec- Authorized leaves must not take longer than 150 days from your program of study It’s crucial to respect these terms for the study permit because they give you a better chance of getting a post-graduate license which is also beneficial for someone who wants to study in Canada.
Changing Schools or Programs while on a Study Permit
It is possible to change your school or program at any time with a Canadian study permit. Just make sure that you inform the school why you want to change and follow the right procedures while staying within your study permit conditions.
What is a Post Graduation Working Permit
A post graduation working permit is a document that allows a student to work while they study in Canada until they graduate. But because of the effect of COVID-19 numerous transitory changes have been made to post-graduation work permit qualification prerequisites for following students:
- study permit holders who have just begun studying in Canada
- study permit holders who had just started their studies in Canada, however, left Canada and are proceeding with their courses online from their nation of origin given travel limitations and general wellbeing rules
- study permit holders who are now in Canada to begin a program in the spring, summer or fall 2020 or winter 2021 semester, yet whose courses was online as it were
- candidates who have been affirmed for a study permit to start a program in the spring, summer or fall of 2020 or winter 2021 semester, and who will start their program online from their nation of origin given travel limitations and general wellbeing rules
- candidates who presented a study grant application to start a program anytime in the spring, summer or fall of 2020 or winter 2021 semester, who will start their program online from their nation of origin because of movement limitations and general wellbeing rules, and who are at last endorsed for a study permit
The IRCC perceives that, because of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Canadian work market, PGWP holders may have lost their business or seen their hours decreased.These guidelines give direction to giving the extra open work grant while the general approach is basically.
Public approach objectives
The general approach means to permit qualified PGWP holders and previous PGWP holders, including the following individuals:
- Individuals who changed their status to being a visitor or dropped out of position
- Applicants from inside Canada having an open work permit for as long as a year and a half or until the candidate’s identification expires, whichever is more limited.
- Absolved qualified unfamiliar nationals from the necessity that a work permit not be given if they have not consented to certain transitory inhabitant conditions or work license standards
Qualification necessitiesTo be qualified for the open work permit, the far off public should submit clear proof that they meet all the accompanying measures:
- Hold a substantial PGWP that lapses inside four months of the date they presented their application or held a PGWP that terminated on or after January 30, 2020
- They were in Canada on January 27, 2021, when the public strategy produced results
- They stayed in Canada
- they have substantial temporary occupant status
- they lost their temporary occupant status; however, they have presented an application to reestablish their status
- they lost their temporary occupant status; however, they are qualified to reestablish it, and when presented an application to reestablish their position simultaneously as they applied for the open work permit
- presented their application from inside Canada and mentioned thought under this public strategy
How to get a Post Graduate Working Permit
If you want to get a post graduate working permit your applications should be on the web. Candidates can apply on paper if they can’t make a difference online on account of a disability or an online application issue.Go to this website to sign up for an application.Candidates who have presented an application under this general approach might be given an open work permit for a most extreme length of a year and a half from the date of endorsement or until the expiry of the candidate’s identification, whichever is sooner.An open work permit done under this public approach may be given to a qualified candidate once.Work permit application accommodationAll candidates should present their work permit application by adhering to the guidelines that apply online under Canada’s public policy.
- Obligatory reports
- Duplicate of visa
- Relating fees $155 work permit charge
- $100 open work permit expense. Candidates should pay this expense forthright. See note underneath.
- If you need to reestablish their status, a $200 reclamation charge
- letter of clarification or client data demonstrating that they are applying under this particular public arrangement
What is the Student Direct Stream?
The Student Direct Stream is an online application process to get your study permit faster depending on where you live. They process most applications within 20 calendar days and can be done faster if you present your biometrics and all the necessary requirements.
Is the Student Direct Stream right for you?
Most people who are convinced to study in Canada are inhabitants of key Asian and African accomplice nations, on account of the new Student Direct Stream (SDS Canada). Under the Student Direct Stream, or SDS Canada as it’s additionally known, students dwelling in the Philippines, China, India, Vietnam, Pakistan, Morocco, or Senegal who exhibit forthright that they have the monetary assets and language abilities to succeed scholastically in Canada profit by quicker preparing times. The assistance standard for Canada’s Student Direct Stream preparing is 20 schedule days. To fit the bill for the Student Direct Stream in Canada, candidates need to meet extra necessities, specifically language levels that are stricter than normal examination license prerequisites. Moreover, a center segment for acknowledgment through the Student Direct Stream is presenting a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) showing you have a speculation account with a total of CAD $10,000 or higher. Students who don’t have the entirety of the extra data may in any case apply through the ordinary investigation grant application measure, either on the web or at a Visa Application Center. Applications that meet the normal examination license standards yet not the Student Direct Stream rules might be prepared by the customary investigation grant models, however get the quicker handling that is accessible under the Student Direct Stream (SDS Canada).
“IRCC perceives the gigantic monetary, social and social advantages that worldwide understudies bring to Canada. We are focused on improving customer administration for all candidates, including understudies, as we keep on finding new and productive approaches to decrease preparing times,” stated by Ahmed Hussed, Canada’s Minister of Immigration at the hour of the SDS dispatch. To be qualified for the Student Direct Stream, you should be a lawful inhabitant living in 1 of the accompanying nations:
And also you need to:
- have an acknowledgment letter from a post-auxiliary assigned learning organization
- live outside of Canada when you apply
- have evidence you have paid your educational cost for your first year of study
- have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
- have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’IntégrationThis is just in case you intend to concentrate in Quebec
- get a clinical test before you apply (on the off chance that you need one)
- get a police authentication before you apply (on the off chance that you need one)
- have your latest optional or post-auxiliary school transcript(s)
- have a language test result that shows: a score of 6.0 or higher in every expertise (perusing, composing, talking and tuning in) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
- a Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equivalent to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of in any event 7 in every ability (perusing, composing, talking and tuning in)
- Contingent upon where you’re applying from, you may likewise have to give different documents. Ensure you incorporate all the documents needed by the visa office that measures your application.
Clinical tests and police certificate
Depending upon where you’re applying, you may have to get a clinical test or police endorsement. To get quicker handling through the Student Direct Stream, you should incorporate these with your application (if you need them). On the off chance that you don’t, they will not deal with your application faster.
Who needs a clinical test?
You may have to get a clinical test if:
- you lived or went in specific nations or regions for at least a half year in the prior year you come to Canada, or
- you plan on contemplating or working in: the field
- you’re primary or secondary schooling, or
- a youngster or senior consideration
To get a clinical test, you should see a specialist that IRCC has affirmed.
Your visa office directions will advise you on the off chance you need to get a police certificate. Ensure you read every guidelines before applying, so you know whether you need a police declaration or some other reports to use.
Who isn’t qualified for the Student Direct Stream
You are not qualified for the Student Direct Stream if:
- You live anyplace other than 1 of the nations above (regardless of whether you’re a resident of one of the countries above), If this is the case you should apply through the customary investigation license application measure.
- You live in another nation (regardless of whether you’re a resident of one of the countries above), or on the off chance that you don’t meet the qualification for faster application, you may, in any case, qualify for a study permit through the ordinary study permit application measure.
Verification of Full Installment of Educational Cost This can be any of the following:
- a receipt from the DLI
- an authority letter from the DLI affirming installment of educational expenses
- a receipt from a bank showing that educational expenses paid to the DLI
- confirmation that the educational expense sum has been moved into a stored account at the DLI to be applied to the educational cost bill sometime in the not too distant future
Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)A GIC is a Canadian venture that has an ensured pace of return for a fixed timeframe. Numerous banks offer GICs. Any bank that gives you the GIC must affirm that you purchased a GIC by giving you 1 of the following:
- a letter of confirmation
- a GIC declaration
- an Investment Directions Confirmation or
- an Investment Balance Confirmation
- hold the GIC in a speculation account or an understudy account that you can’t access until you show up in Canada
- cause you to affirm your personality before they discharge any assets to you
- discharge the assets to you by providing: a beginning singular amount once you recognize yourself upon appearance in Canada
- the rest of assets in a month or every other month portions more than 10 to a year
On the off chance that your bank or GIC doesn’t meet these standards, you are not qualified to apply through the Student Direct Stream.Monetary establishments that offer GICsYou can get a GIC from a monetary establishment recorded on the Canadian Deposit Insurance Company site. Ensure the financial establishment you pick offers a GIC and meets the standards for the Student Direct Stream.The following monetary institutions offer GICs that meet the rules:
- Bank of Beijing
- Bank of China
- Bank of Montreal
- Bank of Xian Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Habib Canadian Bank
- HSBC Bank of Canada
- ICICI Bank
- Mechanical and Commercial Bank of China
- RBC Royal Bank
- SBI Canada Bank
- Simplii Financial
Deadlines to Apply
Because each school has its different deadlines, every student must submit their application well before any deadline. Each year Canadian schools are flooded with applications. As every deadline approaches, they become more selective, so make sure you get your applications earlier for better chances of getting accepted.What should you do after applying for a study permit?By going to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website, you can check your application’s status, but first, you need to sign up for an account on the site.
And now that you have everything you need to know to get accepted and study in Canada, including how you can succeed in your studies it is now up to you to make the final decision. Although it make take you a lot of time gathering your requirements and waiting for application approval everything is worth it in the end. All you have to do is put in the time and effort and with a high-quality education, you will be able to reach your dream career.